Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mom Date

I've mentioned we are expecting our first grandchild. I think about this all the time, and for some reason that led me to thinking about my birthday two years ago, when our son took me on a "Mom Date." He made me feel very special and I'll forever remember our time together that evening.

Looking back I realize he knew that he would be married and on his own by my next birthday and he wanted to make this one special. He completely succeeded in doing exactly that.

He took me to Ted's Montana Grill, it was the first time I'd been there and that makes it stand out in my mind. Then we went to Steak and Shake for desert. While there we ran into the Henry's, from our church, having a family night out. We visited with them for a little while before heading out to see a movie. They asked what we were doing for the evening and when Aaron explained the "Mom Date," Mrs. Henry thought that was a great idea and told her son he should remember this so they could do the same thing when he was older and driving. I'm all for Mom and Dad dates, there is just something very special having this one on one time with your grown child.

I don't recall the movie we saw, but I do remember having thoroughly enjoyed the evening and my "Mom Date" with our wonderful son. We talked about many things. We laughed. I shed a tear or two because I was having a wonderful time.

I am proud of the man he has become and pleased God allowed me to be his mom.

I love you son.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a wonderful son. You should be so very proud. And congratulations on becoming a new grandparent. I can not wait myself...but wait I must. Tell your son, that I think he is special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your very kind comments. Yes we are very proud of him. It's going to be fun watching him as a daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have mom dates.

    My mom always stands me up.

    It's true.

    -Chris
    Weather Moose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well at least you try. She doesn't know what she is missing.

    I would take anything for that memory.

    Now that he's married, I'm thrilled that he has such a sweet and wonderful wife, and I love her as my daughter. I am truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.