Thursday, August 28, 2008

Labor Day Weekend - that means Armuchee Bluegrass Festival


The Armuchee Bluegrass Festival was first held Labor Day weekend of 1973. My husband and I have been to every festival except two. It is like a family reunion, because we see people at this festival we don't see any other time. We had a wonderful time at the Armuchee Memorial Day Festival where we saw our friends Carl and Buzzy that came down from Kentucky for the event.

I was looking for some pictures from back in the day, when I came across this one. While it wasn't take at the Armuchee Bluegrass Festival it is of New Dixie, the Bluegrass Group Hubs and I were members of back then. This picture was actually taken at the Asheville NC Folk Festival in 1979. The wonderful thing is with one exception everyone one in that picture has kept in touch and are still friends today and I expect to see them this weekend.

Enjoy your weekend, be safe and join the fun for Friday Foto Finish fun at Candid Carrie

Later
D

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun! I love having a tradition that is voluntary instead of obligatory! I'm going to have to figure something out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a cool pic! And hello neighbor (I live in AL) - thanks for leaving me a comment re: my girls & their new shoes. BlueGrass Festival sounds cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.