Wow, this month has flown by.
I had fully intended to get back into blogging on a regular basis, but sometimes things don't work out as planned.
There were more lay-offs at work. I still have a job and that makes me glad while being very sad for my co-workers that are facing an uncertain future of hunting for a job in this economy. Needless to say my work days have been longer for these changes.
But God is good, and we have been able to spend time with our family over Thanksgiving and for this I am truly thankful.
When I feel down and start seeing the dark side of life, I've found it is always helpful for me to make a list of the things for which I am thankful. That always puts things back into prospective.
My "I Am Thankful" list today is:
- I have a job.
- My health - while I have a few ailments I am able to work every day.
- Freedom to attend the church of my choice and worship God freely. I am feeling this is a very fragile right and pray that our nation doesn't loose sight of why America was founded.
- The love of my husband of 35 years. I look at our mothers, each living alone now, and cherish having my husband at my side.
- A loving son, daughter-in-law and grandson. I see families that don't get along and am thankful that we have a close loving relationship.
- And I am most thankful for our darling grandson. This is a year of many "firsts." His first Thanksgiving. Soon it will be his first Christmas and shortly after that will be his first birthday. I never understood how someone could say having grandchildren was better than having your own children. Yet now I understand. I know I love my son with all my heart, but that little grandson has found a place so deep inside my heart it amazes me. I can't wait to begin the adventure of having the second grandchild next spring.
Thank you Lord, for all your many blessings.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know we did.