Monday, November 2, 2009

Fire in the Sky!

When I was a child, and I happened to be up early enough to see the sunrise I rarely recall the colors of the sunrise being very colorful.  As I recall, most of the time the colors were beautiful but pale, soft and muted.  I well remember the saying "Red in the morning sailor take warning.  Red at night sailor's delight."  A bright red sunrise foretold of bad weather in the near future.

 DSCF1222

However, a side effect of the pollution is vivid colors in the sunrise.  They frequently rival sunset colors.


Sunset:
Sunset before the storm

This makes me think. Just like the first time Christ came, He was a baby, soft, tender and gentle. When He returns it will be very different. Read Revelation 14 for an account of the second coming of Christ. There is nothing soft or cute about it.  Red in the morning...

October Sunrise:
October Sunrise

Is this change a sign of things to come? I can't honestly say. But I know it serves as a reminder to me that I need to be prepared "for the day is nigh."
October Sunrise Crop

Later
D
Lovely Wildflowers

2 comments:

  1. They are just so breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Susie. We've had some amazing sunrises and sunsets in the last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.