Friday, October 31, 2008

It's all about the timing


Last summer the power went out at the office. After about an hour of being without power, I decided to work from home for the rest of the day. I called home to make sure we had power before making the trip. My husband said we didn't have any power at home either. I noticed his voice sounded a bit odd as we were talking. Then he laughed and said he was relieved to know he hadn't been the cause... I asked him what he was talking about.

It seems he was replacing our ceiling fan and had a problem getting a wire disconnected. He became frustrated and gave the wire a hard jerk. At that exact moment the power went off in the entire house. He checked the breakers and found nothing wrong. He went outside and realized power was off for the entire street. His first thought was "Did I do that?" It just seemed such an unlikely coincidence that the power would go off for the entire neighborhood the exact moment he pulled the wire loose, but how could it be related? Common sense said it wasn't related. Circumstances, looked otherwise.

We both found it very funny that the timing of his pull on the wire was exactly the moment of the power outage at the main transformer.

It's all in the timing.
Later
D

2 comments:

  1. That is soooo funny!! I bet he was freaking out:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I'm sure he was a little worried at first, huh???

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.