Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Numb

I don't think I should feel this way, but I can't seem to help it. I do know the election is very important. We are electing a president, senators and representatives across this great nation of ours. These people will guide our government for their elected term and the decisions they make will impact our lives for years to come.

So why am I so numb today? I think it is political news and political ad overload. I hear the candidates accuse each other with out end. Ads run back to back accusing and refuting claims 24/7. I have the same feeling I get when kids fight and ya ya back and forth.

I have a suggestion. In the future when there are debates, have each candidate hooked up to a lie detector with the Truth or Lie meter over their head so we can plainly see whether they telling the truth or not.

Or we could use a gadget called the "Shocking Lie Detector", that I found on the Internet. The subject's hand is strapped into the device and when a lie is detected a "shock" is administered. At least it would add a little fun to the debates of the future.





Of course that's assuming they can tell the difference between truth and a lie. Oh my, I am sounding cynical tonight....

2 comments:

  1. It is a lot to take but, we made history tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you felt yesterday... I was feeling the same way. Today, even though I'm still pretty numb, I'm just thankful all of the campaigning will be over. I've had enough of the arguing back & forth as well.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.