Monday, November 24, 2008

Thoughts of Thanksgiving

We received several pieces of bad news in the last week. My manager at work had a second cancer surgery this past Tuesday. Another co-worker had to be rushed to the hospital with severe abdominal pain and is scheduled for surgery in the next day or so. But the most amazing, unexpected and frightening news was that my sister-in-law had a heart attack. Of all my family, she was the last person I would have expected to have this type of health problem. She has always been the one that always ate healthy. That exercised on a regular basis. Life truly has no guarantee.

The good news is she is going to be fine and surgery is not necessary. She has always been active and having to stay home, "take it easy" and no driving yet, is hard on her.

All three of these health issues are expected to have a good outcome. Yet the news could easily have been very different.

With Thanksgiving just a couple of days away, my thoughts turn to how truly blessed we are. I can truly say I am very thankful that God has once again shown mercy and grace for us. That we have the hope of all three of these lives be back to normal again.

Life can change in a blink of the eye. Tell those close to you that you love them for we are not promised tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It's so scary how unpredictable life really is. I am glad to hear that everyone is going to be ok. And health is always on the top of my thankful list.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.