Sunday, June 22, 2008

Baby Oil To The Rescue

Baby oil has many uses beyond what the name would indicate.

Tonight my husband came into the kitchen as I was cooking dinner. I noticed he had a comb in his hair. Which is odd because his hair is short and I didn't see how it was staying in place. I commented on it and he said he had glue in his hair and needed me to cut it out. He hadn't realized he had glue on his hand and touched the back of his head. Unfortunately the glue was spread across a fairly wide spot and it wasn't just on the tips. I was concerned if I cut the hair, the spot would be very noticeable. I suddenly remembered baby oil. What was the worse that could happen? He might need to wash is hair again but that was it. Since the glue was epoxy I wasn't sure what to expect., but it did remove a lot of the glue. Not completely but there was only a couple of spots on the tips that I couldn't get to release and I did cut those out. Needless to say we were both pleased.

Here are just a few other uses for baby oil
Remove the sticky residue left from labels and price tags
Eye makeup remover
A Skin softener when used in bath water
Remove latex paint from skin

Google uses for baby oil and you'll see just how many links are pulled. Amazing stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.