Thursday, May 22, 2008

Waiting for the other shoe...


When things are going wrong and you expect more bad news, there's a saying about "waiting for the other shoe to fall." When someone takes off their shoes there is the sound of both shoes hitting the floor. Sometimes, it's a soft sound of being placed there but others they are dropped with a decidedly louder sound.

Well that's my day today. This morning started out so very well. I was excited because I'm off for a few days and am looking forward to some much needed R&R. I was able to book a great cabin in the mountains for our vacation in July. Then this afternoon, I received a phone call. nothing major but something was wrong. I made a phone call to try to correct the problem, and it suddenly became worse. I stepped into it not just with one foot but both, and I'm up to my knees and sinking.

So now I'm left with the feeling of "what next?" ...when is that other shoe going to fall to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.