Monday, May 26, 2008

Morning


One of my favorite things to do early in the morning before anyone else gets out of bed, is sit on the deck with a hot cup of coffee and listen to nature. I don't do this nearly often enough, but today is a holiday, so I took advantage of it and spent an hour or so in the cool morning air. The traffic sounds were thankfully muted and I could hear the birds singing and chirping. The chimes from a church in a near by town tolled the hour and beautiful tones filled the air.

I had my quite time while on the deck and decided I must make more opportunities to do this. There is something about being in nature while communing with the Creator.

I continued to sit there and think about life and how mine is changing. Our son and his wife are expecting their first baby. My husband and I have both lost our fathers. My dad died Feb 2006 and father-in-law passed this past January. Both our mothers now live alone. Birth, death, joy, pain, change, it's all part of life. We must cherish the times of joy, lean on God during the times of sorrow and pain and seek Him at all times.

Happy Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.