Friday, December 5, 2008

I love my Daughter-in-Law

I went shopping with my wonderful daughter-in-law today. I always have a great time when we are together. And the fact that we found some great bargains was just icing on the cake.


If I had picked a wife for my son, I couldn't have picked a better person than my DIL. She loves my son and is sweet, kind and she even likes me back. What more could a MIL ask for?

We are on the count down to the new grandchild with just over five weeks to go. My son was born four weeks early so as her due date gets closer I am reminded of his birth and how exciting yet scary it was. We were so thankful that he was fine and did not have to stay in the hospital but one extra day. My greatest fear was that I would have to go home and leave my baby in the hospital. I thank God, that didn't happen and we came home together. I still remember that first look from my son. His look went all the way to my soul. There is nothing like that first look from your child.

This is an exciting time for our family as we look forward to Christmas and New Year and the new baby.

Later
D

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your DIL is wonderful! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas together! Can't wait to meet the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are counting the days until the bundle of joy appears. I have promised my son to keep my camera at my side so I can take pictures galore. I've charged both batteries and may go buy another memory card although 2 GB is a lot of pictures.

    I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as possible after "Baby" is born.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.