Saturday, December 27, 2008

Reflections on Christmas



I have not posted much this month, mainly because I've been so busy. At work there have been lots of layoffs and I praise God, that I still have my job. John and I have also been sick with the flu so it's been a busy stressful time.




Our DIL is very close to delivering the baby. Over the last few days she is beginning to have contractions and her due date is just a few days away. Needless to say, we are very excited.



This Christmas has been a time to remember those that are no longer with with us. John's Dad passed last January 17, so this is our first Christmas without him. However, last Christmas he was in a nursing home and too ill to bring home. Also, my Dad passed in February 2006 so this is our second Christmas without him.

Such is life. There is joy and pain. New life and death. Remembering and making new memories.
I am looking forward to the new year and the blessings God has in store for us.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. We certainly did.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and have a lot to look forward to in the new year:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had such a wonderful Christmas!

    And very excited to hear the baby will be here shortly!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.