Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Quick Getaway

For one reason or another, we haven't taken a vacation yet this year. We both agreed we needed some time away. So this past weekend we made a quick trip to the mountains and wound up in Blue Ridge, GA. Both sets of grandparents lived in the area and I still have family that lives there. My aunt lives in the same house where my grandparents lived and I have a lot of memories of time spent there.

<span class=

I remember having picnic lunches under the huge oak tree in the yard. And the swing that hung from one of the huge limbs for a time.

<span class=

Our brief visit brought back memories of my grandfather and the wonderful time I spent at that house through the years.

<span class=

<span class=

Our brief time in the mountains was a wonderful. We always enjoy being in the mountains. We both grew up in the mountains and that is where we find peace when we need to get away from the stress of our daily lives.

<span class=

Pink <span class=

Pink Petunias

There were lots of flowers to brighten our spirits.

<span class=

This tree must be over a hundred years old. I've been told the doctor that came to deliver my Dad, tied his horse to this tree. Of course the tree has suffered some damage over the years but to think I can touch something that existed in this exact spot at my Dad's birth is amazing, truly amazing.

<span class=

Have a wonderful week.

Later
D



1 comment:

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.