Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Maker's Mark!

I love watching Antiques Roadshow. Over the years I've learned how to check for the Maker's Mark on dishes and pottery to determine the manufacturer. Each manufacturer has their own mark to designate the pieces that were made in their factories.

IMG_0097

It occurred to me that as a Christian, we also have a Maker's Mark. If we are truly living the Christian life it should be seen by others.

[1 Corinthians 6:20 "For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's."

A very dear price was paid for us as believers. If I claim to be a Christian yet, others can not see that in my daily life, I am dishonoring Christ.

[1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?]

The mark on my life shouldn't say "Debbie" it should say "Jesus Christ".

I hope when someone that doesn't know me, looks at my life, they notice a difference. That they notice that mark and my life shows Christ in me.

IMG_0100

Whose Maker's Mark is on your life?


Later
D
Lovely Wildflowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you.